Saturday, October 10! The Ingham County Fairgrounds south of Lansing, Michigan! It's Mitten Kitten!
Get tickets in advance and save about $5. It's $27 for a Saturday day pass, which sounds pretty steep, except that there will be roller derby happening all day and two tracks going at once. Kids 10 and under are free. If you want to come after 4 pm for the headliners, it's $16. We will be setting up just before the doors open at 8:30 and be staying as long as we can stand it.
It's been a fun weekend for Rorasuketo and a terrible weekend for homework. But, you know, sometimes life's pendulum swings a little one way or the other. Right now the pendulum is swinging in the direction of flights of fancy! It's hard to focus on Newman projections when you can instead sit in awe of this bizarre new life you're living.
The other half of Tibbs-Babu Publishing sewed this starry purple fabric (thanks to Louise for the fabric!) to a black tablecloth to give it a little pizazz. It goes great with the banner. Photographed here are a few tchotchkes we'll be bringing along with us on Saturday as well. Jerry has been a wonderful assistant in organizing our Mitten Kitten setup, monitoring the webcasts, checking if I've been on top of deadlines, and generally lifting me up. He is a real gem.
I'm trying to remember the moment I thought to myself, "What if I made a roller derby video game?" and if that person had any idea what they had gotten themselves into.
Our sales numbers are humble, but that's what I expected. Our wishlist to sales ratio is also pretty close to what others tend to report, so nothing abnormal is happening. Actually, we are pretty close to my cozy little sales goal. I'm not sure what the ebb and flow will be like from here, but I'll be very interested to find out.

Comments
Post a Comment