Skip to main content

Correcting course in the best possible way.

CONTENT WARNING: Suicide.

I've said that Rorasuketo's mental health aspects are rooted in personal experience, and if you are playing the game, you have a feel for a little of what that means. But for those who aren't playing, I spent a lot of my younger years (admittedly, not that long ago) feeling like I was a machine of destruction incapable of change. I was certain that I was having a net negative impact on the world, and I wanted to end that before it got any worse, to save others and the world the trouble. I was a burden and I could do nothing but hurt people.

I was telling someone this earlier today, and their response was "JESUS CAM"

Felt as true at the time as the fact that the sky is blue.

I was picking up some folding chairs from some friends this morning and they were geeked about Rorasuketo. They were at the webcast, they were buying the game, and they wanted to know if there was going to be merch. (I'm open to feedback.) I talked earlier here about how it felt like my game, and then it felt like mine and Mike's and Tiffany's. Now that we are almost to double my original sales goal, and I'm experiencing these connections, the circle is expanding even more. It's almost... a community.

A community that I helped build. 

Thanks to Jess and Christy for the chairs, and Louise for the folding table.

It's possible I might have a net positive impact on the world! It's pretty exciting.

Comments