...we launched Rorasuketo.
I had a lot of fun last night on the webcast. While I didn't enjoy all of our tech problems (both Mike and Tiffany were having chaotic days, so we did not have time to test our ill-fated Zoom call), I was surprised by how much we all had to talk about as the night went on. Thank you so much to everyone who came by in the chat to say hello, ask questions, and generally make us look cooler.
And a big thank you to Mike, who took a peek in the actual Steam files and noticed that the folder was called "Rorasuketo Alpha 1.05," which made me just about shit my pants. On Steam, there are several buttons you have to hit to make a build go live, and I had forgotten one of them. After about a half an hour of panicking - and an error I still cannot replicate or understand - we managed to update things, and v1.00 is what is now live. If your version of Rorasuketo still says Alpha on the title screen, please reboot Steam, restart your computer, pray to whatever deity you see fit, and forgive my arrogance in thinking nothing would go wrong with the launch.
A friend texted me after the webcast asking if I wanted to go mushroom hunting. We woke up bright and early to hit the trail - it was lovely to get away from Steam for a while. I stopped to take maybe a hundred photos of all the mushrooms. We saw earthstars, boletes, giant puffballs, an unknown species we are calling "floor pancakes," and so many blewits that we gave up picking them.
The thing about mushrooms is that they are just the fruiting body, basically a flower, of a huge network of underground root-like structures. The "real" fungus is something you never really see. Maybe that's a metaphor for the whole game dev experience. Rorasuketo has been mycelium all this time, and now it's a beautiful earthstar mushroom, above ground for all the dog-walkers to see.
Don't forget to look down once in a while! You might miss something!

Tying mushroom hunting to gamedev makes you a real one.
ReplyDelete