Skip to main content

It's time for some goodies!

This was a fun day. I got to go to a print shop to pick up the Rorasuketo banner that will grace our table at Mitten Kittens. Crop Marks did a lovely job on it. The pixels are, as Strong Bad would say, "As big as hams!" - and sharp enough to shave even the beardiest beardy man.

Cat for scale.

Next, I stopped by Vidiots, a used video game shop of some reknown, and I asked what available Super Nintendo game I could feel okay defacing if I were to deface one. They actually happened to have a cartridge that was missing its label - requiring no defacing whatsoever! - so this copy of Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits now has a little bit of decoration. I used templates found in the description of this YouTube video from John Riggs. Thanks, John!

Holding this in my hands makes me happy in a way I can't quite describe. It's not functional, but it looks really cool, and I want to have it out on the demo table to attract nerds like moths to a flame. (It would be effective for me, at least.)

3D printed Lala won't be joining us today because the frost blue was a bit too humid and got all up in red's business, and so it doesn't look good enough to share. But hopefully at some point, we'll have some Lalas - in case anyone needs a ghost friend to harass them into a more fulfilling life. You know, for your nightstand or work station or whatever.

Mitten Kittens is going to be a lot of fun! 

Comments