Skip to main content

We have the best soundtrack in the world!

You can check out some game info and the entire Rorasuketo soundtrack by Michael Chadwick here. It's absolutely divine.

When I said I wanted to pay homage to the Super Nintendo games of my youth, he went to town and grabbed some soundfonts from games like Final Fantasy IV, Earthbound, and Battletoads. I am so happy with the results. The battle tracks are head-bangers, and the emotional lows are perfectly bittersweet. I wouldn't change a thing.

I've known Mike since the boom days of of LiveJournal  which is a long time, for the kids following along at home. He's an immensely skilled guitarist and songwriter, and has a really impressive catalog of work.

Originally, I was going to write the music myself, but Mike has far more experience. And in creative projects like this, doing everything yourself has the potential to turn out an inbred, constipated piece of art. Collaboration adds depth to the work that you might not have realized before. It lightens the workload. And, honestly, I tend to hate group projects, so this helps me grow as a person — never a bad thing.

A big thanks to Mike for doing so much work for a game in progress, and investing so much in its development. He's a big cheerleader and has been really supportive of the work, especially when I am feeling overwhelmed by it.

You can also download the Rorasuketo soundtrack on Apple Music and Bandcamp.

Comments

  1. What a nice thing to say! Thank you for making a game to write a soundtrack for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment