Not only will we have a Rorasuketo demo table at Mitten Kitten, but you'll see our glorious logo emblazoned on the volunteers' t-shirts. Turns out there is a queer-owned screenprinting shop right up the street from my home (they also have a storefront if you want to check it out!), so we get to feel cool about keeping things relatively fresh and local.
I thought it would be fun to have a little "dialogue" on the front.
Completing a project and getting into the promotion side of things (especially when there are deadlines involved) is giving me a lot of opportunities to say "Hey, good enough, let's push the button!". It's uncomfortable for me - a pathological perfectionist - so I'm trying to see it as an opportunity for growth.
As plans change and budgets shift (don't they always?), I find myself reflecting more on the concept of ROI (Return On Investment). Forgive me if I've rambled about this before, but it's still true that Rorasuketo is unlikely to have an ROI. Ultimately, it's not about making money. It's about a message getting to people, especially people who need a safe place to hang out and feel like things are gonna be okay.
It would be nice to recoup some costs for the promotional stuff and the thousands of hours I've put in, of course! So that's why I'm still going to charge money for it. (And I hope people feel it's worth paying a couple of bucks.)
Keep spreading the word, and I appreciate all of the support!
Comments
Post a Comment