I received a lovely email this morning from Mustafa, who asked about translating (localizing) Rorasuketo for Turkish audiences. Unfortunately, RPG Maker is a bit of a pain when it comes to editing text; you have to manually add line breaks, the text is input through point-and-click methods rather than coding, and the font I created is not monotype, so it can be difficult to predict whether the text will run long or not. So Rora will likely not see a release in other languages - but if you're a game dev, maybe reach out to our friend:
Mustafa “Neekagami” Dinç is a volunteer Turkish game localizer who helps independent developers bring their games to Turkish-speaking players. He has contributed Turkish localization to more than 10 games, working directly with developers on translation, terminology consistency, in-game testing, and localization QA. His work is entirely voluntary; he generally asks only for access to the game for testing and an in-game credit. He is particularly interested in helping indie developers who may not otherwise have the resources to add Turkish language support.
His portolio and more info can be found here! https://neekagami-localization-portfolio.mustafa12051974.chatgpt.site/
Making sure resources are accessible to everyone possible is a big part of my "day job," so it's really cool to know that there are people like Mustafa out there trying to make gaming likewise accessible. I'm also flattered that he sought me out, as I have rambled so much about Rorasuketo's story and how important I feel it is, and how I want it to find people.
Maybe another time, another place! Sorry, Turkish friends.
Comments
Post a Comment